‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1′ on Course for $10 Million Opening Day in ChinaPosted: February 8, 2015
The film opened on Sunday (Feb. 9) on some 4,000 screens. Preliminary estimated data points to an opening day score of $10.1 million (RMB62 million).
That puts it miles ahead of previous “Hunger Games” excursion “Catching Fire,” which earned $12.9 million in its first full weekend, and ended with a final China gross of $27.9 million.
The score comes with China as the penultimate major territory to receive the picture, which was…(read more)
- ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2′ to screen in IMAX 3-D (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – Part 2 Ends Series Run On IMAX 3D (movietvtechgeeks.com)
- ‘Mockingjay’ becomes 2014’s highest-grossing movie (thehindu.com)
- ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2′ to Open in IMAX 3D (slashfilm.com)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 to get IMAX release (digitalspy.co.uk)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 tops 2014 box office (thestar.com)