‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1′ on Course for $10 Million Opening Day in ChinaPosted: February 8, 2015 Filed under: Art & Culture, Asia, China, Entertainment | Tags: Catching Fire, Francis Lawrence, Guardians of the Galaxy (2008 team), IMAX, Jennifer Lawrence, Katniss Everdeen, Lions Gate Entertainment, Mockingjay, North America, The Hunger Games trilogy, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Leave a comment
“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1” looks on course for a super-strong opening frame in China, the world’s second largest theatrical marketplace.
The film opened on Sunday (Feb. 9) on some 4,000 screens. Preliminary estimated data points to an opening day score of $10.1 million (RMB62 million).
That puts it miles ahead of previous “Hunger Games” excursion “Catching Fire,” which earned $12.9 million in its first full weekend, and ended with a final China gross of $27.9 million.
The score comes with China as the penultimate major territory to receive the picture, which was…(read more)
- ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2′ to screen in IMAX 3-D (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – Part 2 Ends Series Run On IMAX 3D (movietvtechgeeks.com)
- ‘Mockingjay’ becomes 2014’s highest-grossing movie (thehindu.com)
- ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2′ to Open in IMAX 3D (slashfilm.com)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 to get IMAX release (digitalspy.co.uk)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 tops 2014 box office (thestar.com)