Random Violence, Legitimate Grievances, and High Horses: ISIS Burned Up To 40 People Alive, Says Iraqi OfficialPosted: February 21, 2015
Anbar provincial council chairman Sabah Karkhout said he was advised by his field commanders near the al-Baghdadi front line that ISIS militants killed at least 40 police officers and tribesman, and that most of the victims were “burned to death.”
ISIS seized control of most of the town last week. It’s just nine miles north of the Ayn al-Asad airbase, where some 400 U.S. military personnel are stationed to train Iraqi pilots in the fight against ISIS.
CNN cannot independently confirm that the people were burned to death.
Don’t get on your high horse people. http://t.co/67xtTRgMO9
— Jonah Goldberg (@JonahNRO) February 21, 2015
Iraqi Security Forces have given accounts in situation reports obtained by CNN that speak of Iraqi forces and tribesmen killed by ISIS, but it was not clear whether their bodies burned before or after their deaths.
ISIS has not published any images of the reported killings as they have frequently done in the past.
At a news briefing Wednesday, Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby said he’d heard about the reported killings, adding that the United States had purported images of the incident that were being analyzed.
But on Thursday, U.S. officials said the United States doesn’t have any visual evidence of the report.
The jihadist group did release photographs via social media on Tuesday that purportedly show them in full control of al-Baghdadi township, including telltale images of recognizable al-Baghdadi government buildings, and corpses of Iraqi joint forces there…(read more)
- Jonah Goldberg: White House Desperate To Find A ‘Christian’ To Hang Extremism On (smd12364.newsvine.com)
- ISIS Tries To Suicide Bomb US Marines, Gets A BIG Surprise (youngcons.com)
- U.S. military arrive in Iraq (worldbulletin.net)
- ISIS attacks near U.S. troops (cnn.com)
- ISIS attack on Iraq base where 320 US Marines are stationed was worse than Pentagon is letting on (poorrichardsnews.com)
- ISIS Burns 45 People (morningnewsusa.com)
- ISIS militants seize western Iraqi town, menace base housing U.S. personnel (fox59.com)