BREAKING: 5 People Killed in Stabbing Spree in Sumoto, Rural Western JapanPosted: March 9, 2015
(OSAKA, Japan) — Police say five people have been killed in a stabbing spree in a small town in western Japan.
A 40-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the Monday morning attacks. The motive is unclear.
Keizo Okumoto, deputy chief of the Sumoto police, said the man who was arrested, Tatsuhiko Hirano, is a neighbor of the victims.
Okumoto said major crime is rare in Sumoto, a city of 44,000 people known for its oranges, onions and Awaji beef.
- Five killed in Japan home stabbing (panorama.am)
- Tokyo – Safest City in the World (japanesesearch.com)
- Moshi Moshi! Japanese Police Arrest Woman for Calling them 15,000 Times (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- This Destructive Japanese Creation Killed NINE People Over New Year’s (dailycaller.com)
- Heroic Chinese exchange student rescues nine-year-old boy from fast-moving river (punditfromanotherplanet.com)