Clinton Chaos: The Circus is Back in Town!Posted: March 11, 2015
- Weekly Standard says State Dept. has evidence Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s top two aides at State, used ‘clintonemail.com’ addresses
- Gawker claims Abedin had one along with Phillippe Reines, Clinton’s top communications strategist while she was in Washington
- Public records on Nexis show Abedin used her clintonemail.com address but the other two haven’t been confirmed
- Clinton is still embroiled in controversy over admissions that she exclusively used a private, non-government email server while in office
At least three top Hillary Clinton aides used email addresses hosted on the former secretary of state’s private server while she was in office, according to reports from two different news outlets.
‘Two of Hillary Clinton’s top aides used personal email while they were employed at the State Department,’ Weekly Standard senior writer Stephen Hayes said in a Fox News Channel interview, naming ‘Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills, Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff.’
‘The State Department has evidence of this,’ Hayes claimed.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
Longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin had an email address on the former secretary of state’s private server, judging from records maintained by Lexis-Nexis
The Weekly Standard‘s Stephen Hayes claimed on Fox News that the State Department has evidence Abedin and Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s two top aides, both used private email addresses for government work
Clinton has come under fire for exclusively using her own ‘clintonemail.com’ address while she was America’s top diplomat.
She admitted Tuesday during a news conference at the United Nations that she deleted more than 30,000 emails she decided were personal in nature and unrelated to her job.
Separately from claims by The Weekly Standard, the gossip website Gawker reported this month that Abedin and Phillippe Reines, Clinton’s top communications strategist, had the private addresses. Abedin married into a separate scandal when she wed former congressman Anthony Weiner, whose sexting exploits landed him on front pages and hastened his departure from Congress.
Daily Mail Online was able to confirm Abedin’s email address through Lexis-Nexis, a commercial service that compiles public records.
‘Huma@clintonemail.com’ was one of several of Abedin’s email addresses Nexis collected in conjunction with other public records.
Email addresses typically land in the Nexis database when people list them on credit applications, mortgage paperwork or other legal documents.
Searches for similar email addresses belonging to Reines and Mills were unsuccessful, as were searches for email addresses belonging to current and former State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, Jen Psaki and Marie Harf, along with current Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill.
Merrill told Gawker this month that Reines ‘has never had’ an email address on the private Clinton server, ‘not for communicating with anyone about anything.’
But Merrill wouldn’t say whether Reines used a separate private account to conduct government business with Clinton.
Hayes said Tuesday that ‘the question, I think becomes: Were they emailing with Hillary Clinton from their personal email addresses to her personal email address about State Department business, about Benghazi, including sensitive classified information?’
‘Those are questions that I think that Trey Gowdy and the House Benghazi Committee is going to want to look at very carefully.’
Rep. Gowdy is a former South Carolina prosecutor now in charge of a congressional inquest into the deaths of three Americans during a 2012 terror attack on a diplomatic station in Benghazi, Libya.
Clinton’s State Department was criticized in the attack’s aftermath for interfering with CIA talking points which originally made it clear a specific Islamic militant group, Ansar-al-Shariah, was responsible for the bloodshed, which claimed the lives of two security personnel and Ambassador Chris Stevens.
At the time, the White House and Clinton personally maintained that a spontaneous protest over a crude anti-Muslim Internet video had spiraled out of control, sparking a riot.
Now congressional Republicans want to know if all of Clinton’s work-related emails, hosted not on a secure government computer but on a server she personally kept at her Chappaqua, New York home, have been archived as federal law requires…..(read more)
- Hillary Clinton’s top two State Department aides, Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills, also used personal email (thepunditpress.com)
- Hillary’s top aids also used personal email accounts at State Department (poorrichardsnews.com)
- AP sues State Department for Hillary’s emails; charges epic failure to keep control of govt. records (bizpacreview.com)
- HILLARY THE HAG: Clinton Aides Were Running Interference During Benghazi Attack [VIDEO] (girlsjustwannahaveguns.com)
- Steve Hayes: “Two Of Hillary’s Top Aides Used Personal Email At State Dept,” Including Huma Abedin (patdollard.com)
- Hillary’s Private Emails With Muslim Assistant Huma Abedin Being Investigated For Muslim Brotherhood Ties (libertyalliance.com)
- Benghazi Committee Seeks Missing Clinton Emails (dailysignal.com)
- Hayes Demolishes ‘Preposterous’ Media-Democratic Line that Iran Letter is ‘Unprecedented’ (cnsnews.com)
- Victoria Nuland Continues To Spew Propaganda To Start World War III (stateofthenation2012.com)
- First on CNN: Benghazi committee seeks emails from top Clinton aides (cnn.com)