THE PANTSUIT REPORT: Trey Gowdy to Hillary Clinton: ‘Turn Over Your Server’Posted: March 20, 2015
Hillary Clinton’s Response to Gowdy’s Letter is Due by April 4
Alex Moe and Carrie Dann report: Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy, the chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, has sent a letter to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s attorney requesting that she turn over her private email server to the State Department‘s Inspector General or to another neutral third party.
“The Committee must have objective assurances it, and by extension the House of Representatives as a whole, has received all relevant information requested and necessary for a thorough investigation into what happened before, during and after the attacks in Benghazi, Libya,” he wrote in the letter. “More broadly, the equities in these emails extend beyond this Committee. The House of Representatives and the American people are entitled to a complete accounting of the Secretary’s official record during her time as Secretary of State.”
“The House of Representatives and the American people are entitled to a complete accounting of the Secretary’s official record during her time as Secretary of State.”
“Should Secretary Clinton continue to maintain that the server and its contents are hers alone, I will inform the Speaker of the House of Representatives so that he can use the full powers of the House to take the necessary steps to protect the best interests of the American people,” he added.
Clinton has come under fire since news broke that she exclusively used a personal email account and a private server during her time at the helm of the State Department. The House committee has already subpoenaed Clinton’s personal emails related to Benghazi, with a new deadline of March 27, 2015.
Clinton has promised to…(read more)
– Alex Moe and Carrie Dann
- Trey Gowdy says ‘months and months and months’ of Hillary’s emails are missing (redalertpolitics.com)
- BREAKING: Trey Gowdy Drops Criminal Bombshell About Hillary and Benghazi (conservativetribune.com)
- House panel requests Clinton’s private emails (kspr.com)
- House Committee formally requests Clinton’s private emails (gantdaily.com)
- No, Trey Gowdy and Co. Aren’t Going to Stop Searching for Benghazi Answers (conservativeread.com)
- Benghazi Committee Subpoenas Clinton Emails (nbcnews.com)
- Trey Gowdy Questions Clinton’s Email Explanation (nytimes.com)
- Gowdy Wants Clinton’s Emails Released! (theminorityreportblog.com)