GOP Senate Finance: At Least $5.7 BILLION Wasted on ObamaCare so FarPosted: March 21, 2015 | |
‘That is $5.7 billion down the drain’
Republicans on the Senate Finance Committee say they have found at least $5.7 billion in wasted ObamaCare spending from the last five years.
Panel Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said his staff have tallied the costs of five programs that have failed or “added no value,” from the dysfunctional HealthCare.gov website to the national sign-up navigator program.
“That is $5.7 billion down the drain,” Hatch said during a hearing Thursday to mark the fifth anniversary of ObamaCare’s passage.
The federal government’s HealthCare.gov, which broke down in the fall of 2013, has been one of the most criticized components of ObamaCare’s rollout. Some estimates have put the cost of the botched launch and the series of tweaks to fix the website at $2 billion, a figure that Hatch’s staff cited Thursday.
The analysis includes $1.3 billion spent on now-defunct state exchanges: Minnesota, Massachusetts, Oregon and Maryland. These systems, all in blue states, were plagued by technical issues and eventually scrapped or majorly reformed. Republicans have frequently pushed federal health officials to recoup the costs of the exchanges.
Hatch also pointed to a $2.4 billion co-op program, which included 24 plans but saw little success with sign-ups. Hatch estimated that $1 billion in funds will not be recouped from the programs….(read more)
- As Supreme Court Prepares to Hear New Obamacare Case, One Senator Is Preparing a Plan B (dailysignal.com)
- ObamaCare Can Cancel Your Insurance, Warns Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) (heartland.org)
- Warning: After SCOTUS Decision, ObamaCare May Cancel Your Insurance (westernfreepress.com)
- GOP Senators To Extend Obamacare Subsidies After SCOTUS Ruling!? (downtrend.com)
- John Boehner: Obamacare Alternative Coming Soon (teaparty.org)
- Republicans: “We Have a Plan For Fixing Health Care” If the Supreme Court Eliminates Subsidies in as Many as 37 States – – It Won’t Be So Simple (healthpolicyandmarket.blogspot.com)
- Does GOP secretly hope court upholds Obamacare? (mysanantonio.com)
- 10 things: 10 things your primary-care doctor won’t tell you (marketwatch.com)