BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Launches Airstrikes in Yemen, Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir SaysPosted: March 25, 2015
Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir says the operations began at 7 p.m. Eastern time.
He says the Houthis, widely believed to be backed by Iran, “have always chosen the path of violence.” He declined to say whether the Saudi campaign involved U.S. intelligence assistance.
Al-Jubeir made the announcement at a rare news conference by the Sunni kingdom.
He says the Saudis “will do anything necessary” to protect the people of Yemen and “the legitimate government of Yemen.”
The departure of Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi illustrated how one of the most important American counterterrorism efforts has disintegrated…
- US evacuates troops in Yemen as conditions deteriorate further with Friday’s suicide bombings and a call to arms from Houthi rebels to fight those loyal to President Hadi (dailymail.co.uk)
- US, Israel behind Yemen terrorist attacks: Houthi leader (presstv.ir)
- Houthi rebels seize large parts of Yemeni city (tnnegypt.com)
- YEMEN – As Houthi militias move south, UN warns of possible civil war (asianews.it)
- Ousted Yemeni President Declares Aden New Capital City (thetower.org)
- Houthi Leader Lays Blame for Attacks on Yemen on US, Israel (israelnationalnews.com)
- Houthi Fighters in Yemen Attack Air Base Used by U.S. Forces (nytimes.com)
- UN warns of protracted civil war in Yemen (abc.net.au)