Hamilton’s Warning Against Obama and the Iran Deal: Federalist No. 75Posted: March 30, 2015
Congress should heed Hamilton’s warning before it is too late
“An ambitious man might make his own aggrandizement, by the aid of a foreign power, the price of his treachery to his constituents.”
Hamilton, while a supporter of executive power, nevertheless argued for the Senate’s treaty role, because “it would be utterly unsafe and improper to intrust that power to an elective magistrate of four years’ duration.”
“An avaricious man might be tempted to betray the interests of the state to the acquisition of wealth.”
It would be unsafe, he said, because even the most virtuous individuals, with the best of intentions, would fall prey to the temptations that negotiations with foreign powers would certainly provide.
How much more so does his advice apply to a president of lesser virtue, such as Barack Obama, who intends to decrease the power of the United States as a matter of ideological conviction, and who seeks narcissistic satisfaction in the attention a deal with Iran would temporarily provide!
Hamilton also anticipated the greed allegedly displayed by Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, whose perambulations around the globe in service of the president’s dubious foreign policy agenda coincided with generous donations from foreign governments to her family’s personal foundation.
“An avaricious man might be tempted to betray the interests of the state to the acquisition of wealth,” Hamilton warns, prescribing the review powers of the Senate as the remedy.
And lest apologists for Obama argue that…(read more)
- Proposed Deal with Iran Not Legal; Iranian Nukes in South America by Peter Huessy (ruthfullyyours.com)
- So what’s this “agreement” with Iran that’s got everybody in an uproar? (patheos.com)
- In 1788, Alexander Hamilton Saw Obama’s Iran Deal in Our Future… Here’s His Warning (conservativetribune.com)
- Brian Becker Analyzes U.S. Policy Towards Iran, Iraq and Syria & Open Letter to Iran From The People of the US (syria360.wordpress.com)
- HOW’S THAT RUSSIAN RESET GOING FOR YA, HILLARY? Russians’ Test Called Breach Of Missile Pact. “T… (pjmedia.com)
- Who’s up for an International Gun Registry? (legalinsurrection.com)
- Next Up in the Foreign Policy Debate: Torture (legalinsurrection.com)
- BEDFORD: The Real Reason Obama’s Foreign Policy Has Failed (dailycaller.com)