Behold: The Stan Lee Action FigurePosted: April 2, 2015
The Marvel Universe Co-Creator will be Immortalized in this Nightmare-Inducing Limited-Edition Action Figure
Graeme McMillan reports: He’s the only person to have appeared in all of the Marvel movies to date, so it was only a matter of time before Stan Lee received his own amazingly lifelike action figure. But for all the completists out there who want their own scale version of the co-creator of the Marvel Universe, be warned: There will be only 1,000 available.
The Lee figure is being advertised as the “First-Ever 1:6 Figure” of the writer and celebrity, who worked with artists like Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko to create characters including Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men in the early 1960s.
As do all the best action figures, this one comes with an assortment of accessories — although those hoping for weapons or sweet Stan Lee-branded vehicles might be disappointed; instead, the figure comes with a couple of interchangeable heads (You can restore Lee to his bearded 1970s look!), four interchangeable hands, different glasses and a handkerchief, among other tchotchkes…(read more)
- Please Stop Putting Stan Lee’s Name on Things (kotaku.com)
- The Many Dangers of Television (wfmu.org)
- I blame Orrgo the Unconquerable for this weather (benjaminherman.wordpress.com)
- Stan Lee writing superhero drama for Sky One (telegraph.co.uk)
- Exclusive: MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Talk INHUMANS and What’s to Come in Season 2! (nerdist.com)
- Marvel’s Daredevil: Essential Comics To Read Before The Netflix Premiere (techtimes.com)
- Stan Lee draws Spider-Man for a child with autism (cnn.com)