Gun Control Losing Because Americans Refuse to Feel Guilty over Self-Defense: Greg GutfeldPosted: April 4, 2015
AWR Hawkins writes: On April 3, Fox News’ host Greg Gutfeld explained that the media’s gun control arguments increasingly fall on deaf ears because Americans refuse to feel guilty over using guns for self-defense.
Gutfeld said, “No matter how hard the establishment media tries, they can’t convince good people how bad guns are when they’re in the right hands.”
He then explained that the American people, while supportive of the police, have simply come to realize that there are long seconds–and frequently, agonizing minutes–between the time they dial 911 and the time police arrive. Moreover, he stressed that Americans understand that in many instances the police will only be coming to count bodies–that any defense that is going to happen has to happen before badges, handcuffs, or sirens are on the scene.
Gutfeld suggested the gun control media’s inability to understand these things has only placed greater distance between their esoteric arguments and the American people. He said:
“Perhaps the media misses the big point. They do their theorizing from the fish bowl of a well-protected studio and travel to and from work at reasonable hours through tiny neighborhoods in secure vehicles. The fine people of Detroit don’t have that luxury; they realize that any argument against arming yourself is full of holes, which is not the way they’d like to end up being.”
Empirical support for Gutfeld’s claims can be seen in the pro-gun attitude taking hold in Detroit’s heavily black community right now. Breitbart News recently reported that concealed carry is surging in the black community, and no less a prominent figure than Detroit Police Chief James Craig explained that this is a seismic shift from how things have been historically.
In a tone similar to Gutfeld’s…(read more)
Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fox’s Gutfeld Updates Viewers on Bob Beckel’s Recovery (mediaite.com)
- Fox News begins bashing Ted Cruz to protect Jeb with Greg Gutfeld (fireandreamitchell.com)
- Fox Host Proudly Cracks Birther Joke About Ted Cruz (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Gutfeld SLAMS Media Bias: ‘What Qualifies As A Scandal These Days For A Democrat?’ [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- Greg Gutfeld Reveals to America His One Rule for Deciding if the Netanyahu Win is Good or Bad (ijreview.com)
- When ‘evil’ Pat Sajak & Greg Gutfeld unleash the smack talk, everybody wins (twitchy.com)