Oregon Sheriff: Gun Control Push ‘Borderline Treasonous,’ Will Not EnforcePosted: April 5, 2015
AWR Hawkins. reports: While Oregon Democrats stood with Gabby Giffords and the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence to push expanded background checks on April 1, Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer stood for the law-abiding citizens whom the checks will target by describing the gun control push as “borderline treasonous.”
Palmer also made clear that if the Democrats pass the measure there is zero chance of his office enforcing it.
Breitbart News previously reported that the push for expanded background checks in Oregon is being spearheaded by state (D-Eugene). His efforts are strongly supported by the Brady Campaign and Giffords.
Giffords, in particular, believes every potential gun purchaser should have to pass the same background check her attacker passed to acquire his firearm, which the same background check Jerad and Amanda Miller (Las Vegas), Aaron Ybarra (Seattle Pacific University), Elliot Rodger (Santa Barbara), Ivan Lopez (Fort Hood 2014), Darion Marcus Aguilar (Maryland mall), Karl Halverson Pierson (Arapahoe High School), James Holmes (Aurora theater), Nidal Hasan (Fort Hood 2009), and many, many others passed to get the guns they used in their crimes.
The irony is not lost on Sheriff Palmer, who sees the push for expanded background checks as just another way to infringe on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens without impacting crime or criminals. For these reasons, Oregon Live said Palmer described the push as “borderline treasonous.”
Moreover, Palmer said the background checks pose a nightmare…(read more)
Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guns: Universal background checks are a prelude to confiscation (Letters to the Editor) (oregonlive.com)
- The Atlantic: Haunted by the Past: A Criminal Record Shouldn’t Ruin a Career (lukeford.net)
- Oregon Gun Control Proposal: Buying, Selling Guns a Privilege, Not a Right (teaparty.org)
- Slate: Not Fair To Point Out The Truth, Giffords’ Attacker Passed Background Check (patriotupdate.com)
- Quote Of The Week (onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com)