‘We Are Oregon’s’ Gender-Pronoun Alice in Wonderland PC Bubble: ‘Don’t Misgender Me!’Posted: April 13, 2015 | |
Elle Mallon’s Additional Grievance Against ‘We Are Oregon’
Kaylee Tornay reports this puzzling, mock-worthy University-as-young-adult-nursery-school update: Elle Mallon, who was the external vice presidential candidate on the Ducks F.I.R.S.T. slate, filed a second grievance against We Are Oregon regarding its response to her original grievance from April 3. Here’s how it played out:
We Are Oregon holds its kickoff event in PLC 180.
Mallon submits grievance against We Are Oregon for holding its kickoff event in a building with no gender-inclusive bathrooms.
The ASUO Elections Board rules that We Are Oregon broke the rules and as a result, it couldn’t campaign for 36 hours.
2:54 – We Are Oregon campaign manager Taylor Allison asks the Constitution Court to overturn the Elections Board’s decision, and We Are Oregon gets to keep campaigning while the Constitution Court makes that decision.
Allison’s appeal says that part of Mallon’s evidence was taken out of context.
6:21 – Mallon files a response accusing Allison of sexual harassment because she referred to Mallon as “Ms.” when Mallon identifies with the use of “Mx.”
7:30 – Allison apologizes in an email, saying:
“In every situation I’ve been in with Elle, Elle has said Elle’s pronouns were “She, Her, Hers,” including on the Ducks F.I.R.S.T website. With that information, I used “Ms.” when addressing Elle.”
Mallon submits a second grievance saying Allison chose to misgender her.
She cites the apology email from Allison as evidence saying that:
“Allison found a place where my pronouns were listed and then chose to misgender me anyway (My pronouns also include xe xem hyr and they them their).”
In a later email, Mallon calls for the removal of all We Are Oregon candidates from the ballot..(read more)
- University of Oregon: Transgender Student Candidate Throws A Hissy Fit Claiming Opponents Using Wrong Pronoun To Describe Him… (weaselzippers.us)
- Transgender student candidate throws a hissy fit for using wrong pronoun (thecollegefix.com)
- Entering College? What’s Your Gender? (freedomoutpost.com)
- Here’s Sarah Palin’s “Wake-Up Call” to America on Facebook… And It’s Going Viral (conservativetribune.com)
- Fayose’s brother disappointed over Governor’s remarks on Buhari (dailypost.ng)