BREAKING: Al-Qaeda Celebrates Obama Administration’s Foreign Policy Success by Capturing Major Airport in Southern YemenPosted: April 16, 2015 Filed under: Breaking News, War Room | Tags: Al Mukalla, al Qaeda, Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Gulf of Aden, Hadhramaut, Houthis, Reuters, Sana'a, Saudi Arabia, Yemen 1 Comment
Al Qaeda overran the city itself earlier this month and freed inmates, including a militant commander, from its prison.
AHMED AL-HAJ reports: Military officials and residents say al-Qaida has taken control of a major airport in southern Yemen after briefly clashing with troops.
“Nasser Baqazouz, an activist in the city, said the troops guarding the airport put up little resistance.”
The officials say al-Qaida fighters clashed Thursday with members of the infantry brigade in charge of protecting the Riyan airport in the city of Mukalla, a major port city and the provincial capital of Yemen‘s largest province, Hadramawt.
Al-Qaida overran the city itself earlier this month and freed inmates, including a militant commander, from its prison.
Nasser Baqazouz, an activist in the city, said the troops guarding the airport put up little resistance….(read more)
- Al-Qaida captures major airport in southern Yemen (krqe.com)
- World › Al-Qaida in Yemen captures a southern city, frees 300 inmates (japantoday.com)
- Tribal fighters lay siege to al-Qaida in Yemeni coastal town (scpr.org)
- Al-Qaeda Liberates 300 Inmates in Yemen – Foreign Troops Flood Port City (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Tribal Fighters Lay Siege To Al-Qaida In Coastal Town (wnyc.org)
- Rebels in Yemen abduct Sunni rivals amid Saudi airstrikes (cbsnews.com)
Reblogged this on A Conservative Christian Man.