Texas Draws Closer To Licensed Open CarryPosted: April 17, 2015
Keep Your Eyes Down Here. Open Carry of Handguns
AUSTIN, Texas (CBS Austin/AP) — Texas is closer to becoming the most populous state to allow licensed open carry of handguns after Republicans pushed through a key vote in the state House.
House lawmakers gave preliminary approval to open carry on Friday, with a final vote expected next week. The state Senate has already approved a similar version and the chambers could send the measure to Gov. Greg Abbott to sign into law in the coming weeks.
Abbott and the Legislature’s strong Republican majority have pushed open carry as an important gun rights and self-defense measure. Most Democrats have opposed it, noting concerns from police in the state’s largest cities and gun control advocates about public safety….(read more)
- ‘Open carry,’ fracking bills return after technical delay (mysanantonio.com)
- Texas House lawmakers give preliminary approval to open carry of handguns (click2houston.com)
- Texas House to debate, likely pass ‘open carry’ of handguns (washingtontimes.com)
- Texas House Likely To Pass ‘Open Carry’ Bill (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Open Carry debate hits Texas House floor (kfdm.com)
- Study: Glaciers Buried On Mars Might Contain Enough Water To Cover Planet (houston.cbslocal.com)