Louis C.K. Quits Twitter: ‘I Think it’s Why Everything is Kind of F***ed Up and Polarizing’Posted: April 18, 2015
Daniel Nussbaum writes: The comedian had long been an ardent (and profane) Tweeter, directing 140-character, expletive-laden barbs at Sarah Palin, ISIS, and Common Core, just to name a few. So it was somewhat surprising when his Twitter account seemed to simply vanish late last year.
“It didn’t make me feel good,” the comedian told host Gregg “Opie” Hughes. “It made me feel bad instead. So I stopped doing it.”
Every time I say anything on here, I wish I hadn’t said it. And then I’ll write a couple things to try to fix it, and then I feel worse. It’s just any time I tweeted anything, I was like, ‘Ugh, I don’t like the way that came out.’ And then four and a half million people saw it. Like it was the worst things I ever said, heard and seen by the most people. It’s like the worst possible scenario.”
“It’s too instant,” the comedian explained, telling Opie that he wasn’t bothered by trolls or criticism. “I don’t think the speed helps dialogue. I think it hurts. I think it’s why everything is kind of f***ed up and polarizing, because people are going too fast, they’re trying to react quickly.”
Louie told Opie he does not believe he was an entertaining tweeter, saying he mostly used his feed to promote his projects…(read more)
Check out the audio of Louie’s interview on The Opie Show here.
- Louie C.K. apologizes to Sarah Palin for filthy Twitter rant (salon.com)
- Louis C.K. Explains Why He Quit Twitter (mediaite.com)
- REWIND: Louis C.K. Tells Howard Stern He Apologized to Sarah Palin at SNL40 (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Why did Louis C.K. fly the Twitter coop? (entertainthis.usatoday.com)
- After Spewing Vile Things About Sarah Palin Even Louis CK Was Shocked About What He Said to Her Face (ijreview.com)
- Comedian Louis C.K. Apologizes to Sarah Palin for Horrendous Tweets (youngcons.com)