BREAKING: Navy Offical Reports: U.S. Warship Heads to Yemeni WatersPosted: April 20, 2015 Filed under: Breaking News, Global, War Room | Tags: Arabian Sea, Carrier strike group, Djibouti, Iran, Middle East, Persian Gulf, Red Sea, Saudi Arabia, United States Fifth Fleet, United States Navy, USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71), Yemen Leave a comment
DEVELOPING: U.S. Navy officials say the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is steaming toward the waters off Yemen and will join other American ships prepared to intercept any Iranian vessels carrying weapons to the Houthi rebels fighting in Yemen.
The U.S. Navy has been beefing up its presence in the Gulf of Aden and the southern Arabian Sea amid reports that a convoy of Iranian ships may be headed toward Yemen to arm the Houthis.
The Houthis are battling government-backed fighters in an effort to take control of the country.
There are about nine U.S. ships in the region, including cruisers and destroyers carrying teams that can board and search other vessels.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the ship movement on the record….developing…
- Iran Enters Hornets Nest: Parks Two Warships Off Yemen Coast Immediately Next To Two US Aircraft Carriers (revolutionradio.org)
- U.S. Aircraft Carrier Enters Seas Near Yemen (ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com)
- Wwii Aircraft Carrier Is Found On Ocean Floor Near San Francisco (popist.com)
- Iranian plane buzzes U.S. Navy (edition.cnn.com)
- Atomic blast guinea pig shown on ocean floor (cnn.com)
- U.S. Aircraft Carrier Enters Seas Near Yemen (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)