Enforcing Sharia Compliance: Infamous Saudi Religious Police Unit Debuts on TwitterPosted: April 25, 2015
Jordan Schachtel reports: Saudi Arabia’s Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, known as “Haia” in the Wahhabi Kingdom, has arrived on Twitter under the verified username @PvGovSa.
“Haia can arrest anyone for violating Islamic customs and dietary laws, such as women smoking, couples celebrating Valentine’s Day, or either gender eating pork or consuming alcohol.”
“Abdul Rahman Al-Sanad, president of the commission, inaugurated the account and announced the formation of a higher committee for media and public relations to improve the Haia’s public image,” the Saudi Gazettereports.
The group’s initial tweet read, “In the name of Allah and Allah’s blessing kicks off the official account of the General Presidency for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice on Twitter asking Allah to benefit by everyone.”
“Several controversial acts have embroiled the Sharia-enforcement agency over the years. In 2002, 15 young Saudi girls died from burns and smoke inhalation after the religious police prevented them from leaving their school while it was on fire.”
The religious entity patrols the streets ensuring that individuals, particularly women, are maintaining a Sharia-compliant lifestyle, which includes dressing properly (wearing a full cloak) and remaining separated from men at all times. The Haia agency is also known for enforcing Saudi Arabia’s ban on female automobile drivers.
Haia can arrest anyone for violating Islamic customs and dietary laws, such as women smoking, couples celebrating Valentine’s Day, or either gender eating pork or consuming alcohol.
Haia focuses on five areas of enforcement, according to its agency head: “preserving Islam, preventing blackmail, combating sorcery, fighting human trafficking, and ensuring that no one disobeys the country’s rulers,” the Christian Science Monitor has reported….(read more)
- Of fatwas, toilet paper, and control (grumpyelder.com)
- [Watch] Unbelievable Maxine Waters calls Americans against Sharia Law BIGOTS (conservativeinfidel.com)
- Concerns Raised Following Approval of Sharia Law in Malaysia (christiannews.net)
- Why WalMart is Bowing to Sharia Law (theminorityreportblog.com)
- Millennials about as racist as parents (columbian.com)
- Our Country Would Look Like This If Sharia Law Came to America (blackchristiannews.com)
- Inside the Mind of a Jihadist By SOEREN KERN (yonkerstribune.com)
- Prisoners Allowed to Make Scientific Contributions (thecentralpremise.org)