THE PANTSUIT REPORT: Clinton Foundation Blog Confession: ‘We Made Mistakes’Posted: April 26, 2015
Alex Griswold reports: In a Sunday blog post, the acting CEO of the Clinton Foundation Maura Pally publicly admitted that “we made mistakes” when it came to filing 990 tax forms disclosing donations from foreign governments.
The blog post comes three days after Reuters reported that the Foundation was refiling up to five years of annual tax returns after the news organization pointed out several errors in how the Foundation reported donations from foreign governments.
“So yes, we made mistakes, as many organizations of our size do, but we are acting quickly to remedy them, and have taken steps to ensure they don’t happen in the future.”
The bulk of the blog post, entitled “A commitment to Honesty, Transparency, and Accountability,” doubled down on the Clinton Foundation’s defense of its “commitment to transparency.” But the last two paragraphs admitted the error.
“We have said that after a voluntary external review is completed we will likely refile forms for some years,” Pally writes…(read more)
- Marie Harf Responds to ‘Mean-Spirited’ Daily Caller Link Posted by Family Friend (mediaite.com)
- But for that pesky photo! NY Times reporter says Clintons flat out lied to her (bizpacreview.com)
- URGENT: VA BUSTED Sending Vets Private Medical Info To FBI For Shocking Purpose (americasfreedomfighters.com)
- The Clinton Scandals: 9 Facts to Know (stream.org)
- TRUMP: ‘If Hillary can’t satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?’ (clashdaily.com)