[VIDEO] CNN’s Alisyn Camerota Spars with ‘Draw Muhammad’ Host Pamela GellerPosted: May 4, 2015
“Increasingly, we’re abridging our freedoms so as not to offend savages. The very idea that if something offends me, or I’m insulted by something I’ll kill you and somehow this is okay with members of the elite media, and academia, is outrageous.”
Why is Pamela Geller so obsessed with Islam? It’s all she can think and talk about. Is it the result of some sort of trauma?
— Hala Gorani (@HalaGorani) May 4, 2015
Mediaite: Hours after a shooting at a Muhammed cartoon event Garland, Texas that left three dead, including the gunmen, the event’s sponsor and American Freedom Defense Initiative president Pamela Geller battled CNN’s Alisyn Camerota over whether the incendiary event had provoked violence.
“And then we have to get on these news shows, and somehow we are, those that are targeted, those that were going to be slaughtered, are the ones who get attacked speaks to how morally inverted this conversation is.”
“Increasingly, we’re abridging our freedoms so as not to offend savages,” Geller alleged. “The very idea that if something offends me, or I’m insulted by something I’ll kill you and somehow this is okay with members of the elite media, and academia, is outrageous.”
— Ericka Andersen (@ErickaAndersen) May 4, 2015
Camerota read from the keynote speech given at the event disparaging Islam. Geller has made a career of warning of the “Islamization” of America; the Southern Poverty Law Center lists her as an extremist.
“He’s entitled to his opinion, end of story. So what? So he said that. And frankly, what he said was true…The fact is that we need to have this discussion, there’s a problem in Islam.”
The conversation devolved into whether Geller had ever called Muslims “savages,” which she said she had done once in her life. She argued she criticized only Muslims who kill over their beliefs. “I am anti-jihad, I am anti-Sharia,” Geller said. “You, by spaying I paint with a broad brush, are saying all Muslims support jihad. Alisyn you sound very Islamaphobic.” It was that type of segment.
“This is not an attack,” Camerota replied, pointing out that they were at that moment having the exact conversation over speech and piety Geller had been calling for….
- CNN Touts ‘Hate Group’ Claim Against Group Targeted in Texas Attack (conservativeangle.com)
- Garland, Texas, Shooting Suspect Identified As Elton Simpson (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pamela Geller Battles CNN Host over Garland Shooting: Why Is Media ‘Targeting’ Us? (mediaite.com)
- On the Terror Attack In Texas (powerlineblog.com)
- VIDEO UPDATE: TPNN’s Katrina Pierson Live in Garland – Suspect Identified (tpnn.com)
- Pamela Geller schools CNN host Alisyn Camerota about freedom of speech (thepunditpress.com)
- Police, FBI Raid Home of Gunman in Mohammad Cartoon Attack in Texas (jpupdates.com)
- Police raid home of gunman in Mohammad cartoon attack in Texas (stuff.co.nz)