Teacher Accused of Freaking Out 3rd Graders by Showing ‘Devil Doll’ Video ResignsPosted: May 16, 2015
(CBS Houston) – A New Home teacher who showed her third grade class a video about a “devil doll” has resigned, according to KCBD.
Heather Anderson gave her resignation after a series of parental complaints and school board meetings about her showing of the six-minute video “Annabelle the Devil Doll” to her third grade students in March.
The video portrayed a murderous doll possessed by a demon.
Parents argued that students were having trouble sleeping and one parent even said their child had to see a counselor following the viewing.
Those in support of Anderson believe that the video was shown on accident as it played automatically after the first video ended; however, Superintendent of New Home ISD Leland Zant said in a statement that the video was shown to two different classes taught by Anderson.
Anderson was originally suspended for two weeks but was eventually reinstated; something Anderson’s supporters believed was punishment enough…(read more)
- Texas Tech police investigating “No Muslims” sprayed on sign (abc13.com)
- Parents rage after teacher shows ‘devil doll’ video to third-graders (1-800-politics.com)
- Parents rage after teacher shows ‘devil doll’ video to third-graders (eagnews.org)
- Parents threaten to pull kids out of school to protest Ontario’s new sex-ed curriculum (childreninshadow.wordpress.com)
- EMSB chair Angela Mancini defends blocking parent survey (cbc.ca)