‘What’s Up Babe?’ Brooklyn Teacher Claudia Tillery Says She Shouldn’t Be Fired for Having Sex With Her 12-Year-Old StudentPosted: May 23, 2015 | |
In her decision, DOE officer Haydee Rosario notes that a DNA test revealed both the student’s and the teacher’s saliva were on the teacher’s comforter cover
Julia Marsh reports: A Brooklyn public-school teacher whines in a new lawsuit that she was unfairly fired from her job for bedding her 12-year-old student — even though DNA, videotape, text and financial records pin her to the dirty deed.
“Rosario also says the student recorded a video that shows his teacher putting her pants on in a motel room.”
Claudia Tillery, who spent her 15-year career at the Stephen Decatur Middle School, wants back in the classroom because a jury cleared her of criminal charges.
“Tillery and her young charge exchanged 8,000 text messages over two years using pseudonyms. In one message the teacher texted, ‘What’s up babe?'”
But a Department of Education hearing officer found in April that a “preponderance of the credible record evidence” proves that Tillery raped the youngster — then painted him as a “master manipulator” to duck a criminal conviction.
In departmental hearings, the standard of proof is lower than the “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard required for a criminal conviction. Tillery was arrested in 2011 and acquitted in 2014.
“…the officer sided with the DOE, which scoffed at Tillery’s claims that a 12-year-old ‘concocted a grand conspiracy and coerced her, a middle-school teacher, to ignore sound judgment and to put him into a fleabag motel and give him hundreds of dollars.’”
The mother of two argues in her Manhattan Supreme Court suit against the DOE that she was deprived of due process because the hearing officer used sealed evidence from her criminal case and didn’t give proper credit to her own witnesses.
The suit doesn’t mention that Tillery’s witnesses were her own children and her homeless, schizophrenic baby daddy.
In her decision, DOE officer Haydee Rosario notes that a DNA test revealed both the student’s and the teacher’s saliva were on the teacher’s comforter cover.
Rosario also says the student recorded a video that shows his teacher….(read more)
- Georgia middle school teacher arrested for letting kids have sex in classroom (kdvr.com)
- People Ain’t Isht: Pedo NYC Teacher Believes She Deserves Her Job Back After Chopping Down 12-Year-Old (bossip.com)
- Clarksville teacher accused of inappropriate contact with students fired (wlky.com)
- Georgia Middle School Teacher, Quinton Wright, Removed from Duties After Allegedly Letting Students Have Sex in Classroom (blackchristiannews.com)
- Georgia Teacher Let Kids Use Classroom For SEX (buzzpo.com)
- Bainbridge teacher pleads not guilty to having sex with student (seattletimes.com)
- Not guilty plea for Phoenix teacher accused of student sex (abqjournal.com)
- “I was in a state of disbelief,” Mom claims middle school teacher allowed students to have sex in classroom (kfor.com)