OOPS: Model Alesia Riabenkova’s Rape Claim Falls Apart After Bogus Pregnancy ChargePosted: May 25, 2015 | |
Jamie Schram reports: A Manhattan model who once dated actor Gerard Butler brought rape charges against a fashion photographer — but the case fell apart when she claimed he got her pregnant and a DNA test proved he was not the father, The Post has learned.
Latvian-born stunner Alesia Riabenkova, who has done work for Guess and graced the covers of Glamour and Elle magazines, met the lensman at a Long Island City lounge in October to discuss her struggling career.
“She tried to destroy my client’s life, and she should be punished for it.”
–The Fashion Photographer’s lawyer, Tom Kenniff
The two chatted over champagne about a potential photo shoot and then went back to his condo in a nearby luxury high-rise.
“The surveillance footage showed her sipping from a water bottle in the lobby without a care in the world while waiting for the police to arrive.”
— Tom Kenniff
About 45 minutes later, Riabenkova told a doorman she had been raped by the photographer and asked him to call 911, said his lawyer, Tom Kenniff.
Police arrested the lensman, and he spent a night behind bars. Prosecutors soon downgraded the charge to sexual misconduct because they found holes in her story and her rape kit tested inconclusive, Kenniff said.
Then, in January 2015, Riabenkova made a shocking claim — telling prosecutors she was impregnated during the alleged rape and wanted an abortion.
The DA’s Office told the clinic to preserve the biological material, and Kenniff immediately asked for a DNA test.
The results proved his client was not the father, and on May 15 the case was thrown out and sealed…(read more)
Additional reporting by Ben Feuerherd
- Cleveland Police Officer Michael Brelo Shoots Through Windshield at Unarmed Couple 15 Times: Found Not Guilty (reason.com)
- Teacher wants job back after being fired for … having sex with her student (thecollegefix.com)
- ‘What’s Up Babe?’ Brooklyn Teacher Claudia Tillery Says She Shouldn’t Be Fired for Having Sex With Her 12-Year-Old Student (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Man charged with 1995 NYC rape; prosecutors cite DNA match (washingtontimes.com)
- Ohio House votes to extend period for prosecuting rape cases (ohio.com)
- Teacher: Don’t fire me for ‘sex with student’ (wnd.com)
- Teacher: Don’t fire me for ‘sex with student’ (mobile.wnd.com)
- 26-year-old Seattle woman pleads not guilty to raping sleeping man (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- The Catcall Video, and Rape Culture (powerlineblog.com)