CNN Poll: George Hitler McChimp Bush More Popular than Divine Saint Barack Obama?Posted: June 3, 2015
John Nolte writes: A CNN poll released Wednesday shows that George W. Bush is not only more popular than President Obama, a majority of Americans now view the former president in a positive light. A full 52% see Bush favorably, compared to just 43% who do not. Only 49% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Obama. The same number, 49%, do not.
“Today Obama is upside down a full 7 points, with just 45% approving of his job and a clear majority of 52% disapproving.”
Obama’s job approval numbers also took a serious dive in the CNN poll. Just last month, the president sat at a 48% approval rating, with just 47% disapproving. Not great, but he was at least above water. Today Obama is upside down a full 7 points, with just 45% approving of his job and a clear majority of 52% disapproving.
“Since last month, Obama’s numbers have worsened considerably on the specific issues of ISIS, immigration, and surveillance.”
That’s an 8 point drop.
On the specifics of his job, other than race relations, Obama is upside down, sometimes by huge margins, in every category: economy 46-53; ISIS 32-63; race relations 50-47; Climate Change 41-49; illegal immigration 36-60; government surveillance 29-67; health care 44-54; foreign affairs 43-55; terrorism 45-51.
Since last month, Obama’s numbers have worsened considerably on the specific issues of ISIS, immigration, and surveillance.
Bush’s favorability increase — his first in positive territory since leaving office — is likely due to two things. First, Bush has been nothing but a class act as a former president. He has stayed out of the public eye, except to further the causes like those of America’s wounded warriors. He’s removed himself completely from politics. People appreciate a class act, and Bush has been nothing but.
Secondly, Bush’s approval numbers were primarily dragged down by the Iraq War. In hindsight, though, the American people are now seeing that conflict now through a contextual prism they did not have before…(read more)
- Poll: George W. Bush More Popular than Barack Obama (stream.org)
- After months of questions, Jeb Bush finally puts ‘space’ between himself and George W. Bush (washingtonpost.com)
- Jeb Bush: I learned about ‘protecting the homeland’ from the way George W. Bush ‘kept us safe’ (par4thecourse.newsvine.com)
- Bush Spokeswoman Remembers Day President Visited VA and Shed Tears on Marine’s Face (conservativetribune.com)
- Jeb’s Not Converting George’s Supporters (pensitoreview.com)
- George W. Bush Outpolls Barack Obama – Politico (popist.com)
- Dubya Outpolls Obama (downtrend.com)
- Warming on W.: More Americans like George W. Bush than dislike (cnn.com)