Ray Kurzweil: Humans will be hybrids by 2030Posted: June 4, 2015
“We’re going to gradually merge and enhance ourselves. In my view, that’s the nature of being human — we transcend our limitations.”
Kurzweil predicts that humans will become hybrids in the 2030s. That means our brains will be able to connect directly to the cloud, where there will be thousands of computers, and those computers will augment our existing intelligence. He said the brain will connect via nanobots — tiny robots made from DNA strands.
“As I wrote starting 20 years ago, technology is a double-edged sword. Fire kept us warm and cooked our food but also burnt down our houses. Every technology has had its promise and peril.”
“Our thinking then will be a hybrid of biological and non-biological thinking,” he said.
The bigger and more complex the cloud, the more advanced our thinking. By the time we get to the late 2030s or the early 2040s, Kurzweil believes our thinking will be predominately non-biological.
We’ll also be able to fully back up our brains.
“We’re going to gradually merge and enhance ourselves,” he said. “In my view, that’s the nature of being human — we transcend our limitations.”
Kurzweil, who is known as one the world’s leading inventors, has predicted what the future will look like before. In the ’90s, he made 147 predictions for 2009. In 2010, he reviewed his predictions, 86% of which were correct. He gave himself a “B” grade.
His correct predictions included that people would primarily use portable computers in 2009, that cables would disappear and that…(read more)
- Google exec: Humans will be hybrids by 2030 (cnet.com)
- Ray Kurzweil: Human brains could be connected to the cloud by 2030 (ibtimes.co.uk)
- Ray Kurzweil: Humans Will Be Hybrids By 2030 (outcastradio.net)
- Ray Kurzweil: Humans will be hybrids by 2030 (kspr.com)
- This thought experiment unwittingly illuminates truths about the eternity that awaits many. (So go to Confession already!)… (theatlantic.com)