German Tanks Roll Back into PolandPosted: June 14, 2015
The tiny Polish town of Swietoszow did not officially exist during the Cold War; as home to a massive but secret Soviet tank force ready to strike at the West, it was removed from all public maps and records.
Last week Nato used the base for the first big deployment of a new special force to defend eastern Europe from an increasingly expansionist Russia.
American Black Hawk helicopters thundered in the skies as German tanks rolled from across the nearby border, along with troops and hardware from seven other nations that make up Nato’s Spearhead Force, which was set up last year in response to Russia’s intervention in Ukraine.
The Sunday Times gained exclusive access to the start of Operation Noble Jump, involving more than 2,000 troops from nine countries that will engage in live artillery fire, F-16 jet-fighter aerial bombing, special forces combat and helicopter assaults. Three other drills
- Report: Russia and China Crack Encrypted Snowden Files (computermagazine.com)
- US-Russia Round Three: Macedonia (cjournal.info)
- Russia says closer ties with Latin America are not jab at US (mysanantonio.com)
- US may deploy missiles in Europe to counter Russia (whitenewsnow.com)
- US might deploy missiles in Europe to counter Russia (lunaticoutpost.com)
- US Defense Secretary: U.S. May Deploy Medium-Range Missiles To Europe To Counter Alleged Nuclear Treaty Violations By Russia (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Ex-KGB General: Russia Has Already Won (nationalreview.com)
- Russia to NATO: Hey, explain your moves in eastern Europe (hotair.com)
- Obama on Russia: ‘This Is Not Another Cold War’ (nationalreview.com)