Brian Lowry: Rupert Murdoch History: Fox Head Was the Original DisruptorPosted: June 16, 2015
At first blush, it’s strange to think of Murdoch — who was 56 years old when the Fox network made its primetime debut in 1987 — as some sort of renegade. As the head of a major media conglomerate, he’s been a firmly entrenched part of the establishment.
Through the series of deals on which he built Fox, however, as well as the expansion of the studio, Murdoch has seldom been bound by convention. And his fierce competitive tactics ratcheted up the media business to a level of guerrilla warfare, complete with surprise attacks and psychological ploys….(read more)
This story first appeared in the June 16, 2015 issue of Variety. Subscribe here.
- Rupert Murdoch’s son to take over as 21st Century Fox CEO (bostonherald.com)
- Rupert Murdoch is preparing to hand over CEO reins at 21st Century Fox to son, James (canadianbusiness.com)
- Rupert Murdoch to step down as 21st Century Fox CEO (cinewsnow.com)
- #BREAKING144 ‘ Rupert Murdoch Preparing to Step Down as 21st Century Fox CEO ‘ (acenewsservices.wordpress.com)
- Murdoch’s son James to take over as 21st Century Fox CEO (msn.com)