[VIDEO] Celebrating Mental Illness and Fraud in Prime Time: Rachel Dolezal on Today ShowPosted: June 16, 2015
“I identify as black,” she said. She said her hair style and light brown skin — “I didn’t stay out of the sun” — prompted people to assume she was black. She acknowledged that she didn’t correct people who made the assumption.
It was her first interview since news stories went viral last week detailing how Dolezal’s parents say she is white.
My Hair Isn’t The Only Thing That’s Kinky: The Autobiography of Rachel Dolenzal #racheldolezalmemoirtitles
— Pundit Planet (@punditfap) June 16, 2015
On Monday night, Dolezal’s parents told CNN that when she was growing up, she gave no indication that she might want to take on a new racial identity. Rachel Dolezal’s World Crumbles After Racial Identity Flap.
Rachel Dolezal carefully constructed a life as a black civil rights activist in the last decade in the inland Northwest, but that world is falling apart…
- Ex-NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal: ‘I identify as black’ (vindy.com)
- Rachel Dolezal breaks her silence amid controversy: ‘I identify as black’ (upi.com)
- Today Interview With #RachelDolezal: This Isn’t A “Mockery Blackface Performance”, I’ve Believed I Was Black Since I Was Five (weaselzippers.us)
- Rachel Dolezal tells Matt Lauer she has identified as black since the age of 5 (khq.com)
- Controversial US activist: ‘I identify as black’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- Civil Rights Activist Rachel Dolezal Misrepresented Herself As Black, Claim Parents – The Guardian (popist.com)
- Woman who pretended to be African-American says she ‘identifies as black’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Rachel Dolezal, White Like Me (legalinsurrection.com)
- Rachel Dolezal resigns as president of Spokane NAACP (hotair.com)
- Al Sharpton Suggests He’s The Frederick Douglass Of Our Time [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)