Rachel, Interrupted: Spokane Mayor Calls For Dolezal To Resign From Police PanelPosted: June 17, 2015 | |
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Two top Spokane officials have called for Rachel Dolezal to resign immediately from the eastern Washington city’s volunteer police ombudsman commission.
Dolezal stepped down this week as president of the local NAACP chapter after her parents said she was a white woman who had been posing as black.
Spokane Mayor David Condon and City Council President Ben Stuckart said Wednesday that Dolezal and two others should remove themselves from the five-member commission after an independent investigation found they had acted improperly and violated government rules.
The report says the evidence and interviews confirm workplace harassment allegations and “a pattern of misconduct” by Dolezal, the chairwoman, and commissioners Kevin Berkompas and Adrian Dominguez.
The city hired lawyers in May to investigate whistleblower and workplace harassment complaints.
- NAACP leader to speak Monday; parents say she lied on race – Yahoo News (curmilus.wordpress.com)
- Spokane NAACP president is white woman faking she’s black, her mother says (oregonlive.com)
- NAACP leader under fire for identifying as black (mynorthwest.com)
- Dolezal was asked if she tried to mislead Howard University (stltoday.com)
- ‘Trans-racial’? ‘Black’ NAACP activist #RachelDolezal earns comparisons to a certain US senator (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- NAACP meeting where Rachel Dolezal was to give statement cancelled for ‘continuing discussion’ (punditfromanotherplanet.com)