Without Riots, CNN Primetime Slips to Third Place Behind MSNBCPosted: June 17, 2015
John Nolte reports: Other than the political benefits for central planning-Democrats that come from civil unrest in America’s inner-cities, another reason CNN president Jeff Zucker has turned his cable news network into a relentless hate machine is simple greed — the power and money that comes from increased ratings.
There is no questions that CNN’s dishonest but ongoing smear campaigns against Christians, conservatives and the police have stolen left-of-center viewers from MSNBC. The two left-wing networks share a very small piece of viewer pie, and when CNN is ginning up hate and civil unrest, CNN usually wins a larger piece of that pie than MSNBC.
Alternately, when CNN cannot find something cynical to exploit, MSNBC picks up a bigger piece of that pie. As an example, last week, June 8 through June 12, other than Thursday evening, MSNBC earned more primetime viewers than CNN — sometimes by a very large margin…. (read more)
- CNN names former Obama aide Dan Pfeiffer as contributor (washingtonpost.com)
- Karma? Jeff Zucker’s New Day Comments Backfire (adweek.com)
- Update: CNN Anchor Who Praised Anti-Cop Terrorist Finally Forced to Apologize (teaparty.org)
- Jake Tapper celebrates new gig at the Palm (washingtonpost.com)
- More Revolving Media-Government Complex Doors: Obama Crony to CNN (pjmedia.com)
- Anderson Cooper Giggles, Wolf Blitzer Spits in Hilarious CNN Blooper Reel (Video) (thewrap.com)
- Dan Pfeiffer Joins CNN As Contributor (deadline.com)
- Scarborough Fires Back at Zucker: He’s Got an ‘Obsession’ with Morning Joe (mediaite.com)