Charleston Shooting: ‘We Don’t Have All The Facts, But We Do Know That, One Again…’Posted: June 18, 2015
Joel B. Pollak continues:
Obama is wrong on both counts. Innocent people were killed because a murderer–likely motivated by racial hatred–had a gun–but guns in the right hands have stopped, or interrupted similar attacks before. In South Africa, for example–whose racist past seems to have provided gruesome inspiration for the Charleston killer–a parishoner stopped a mass shooting by a black nationalist group against a multi-racial congregation by firing his .38 revolver at the assailants, who ran away.
The parishoner, Charl van Wyk, later wrote a book about his experience, called “Shooting Back: The Right and Duty of Self-defense“.
Charl Van Wyk was just an ordinary Christian man until July 25, 1993 – the day that would become known as the St. James Massacre. It was on this date that Van Wyk shot back at the terrorists who were attacking an innocent congregation gathered in prayer, and saved many lives in the process. More than just a remarkable story of courage under fire, Shooting Back deals forthrightly with the consequences of his actions, while addressing the concerns that plague so many God-fearing people in these lawless times, such as: Should we carry arms? When is it appropriate to defend ourselves and our families? What can we do when our God-given right to self-defense is legislated away from us? In Shooting Back, Van Wyk tackles these difficult questions using the light of Scripture and insights from his own experience to make the case for self-defense.
Later, the killers were granted amnesty by South Africa’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission. But van Wyk, who works as a full-time missionary, remains a passionate advocate of the right to bear arms–from a Christian perspective…(read more)
- Oscar Pistorius may soon be out of prison. Should we really be surprised? | Joan Smith (theguardian.com)
- The Meaning of the Flags Worn by the Suspected Charleston Killer (time.com)
- Killer of S. African politician Hani granted parole (worldbulletin.net)
- Disgraced Athlete, Valentine’s Day Killer Oscar Pistorius May Be RELEASED From Prison Early (buzzpo.com)
- 60 Marquette University Faculty Members SIGN PETITION to Keep Mural Honoring Cop Killer (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Another White South Afrikaner Brutally Murdered With Boiling Water & Plastic Bags (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Matthews On GA Senate Race: ‘I Feel Like We’re In South Africa!’ [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)