UPDATE: Former White House Chef Walter Scheib’s Body Found in New MexicoPosted: June 22, 2015
Benjamin Siegel reports: Authorities have found the body of missing former White House chef Walter Scheib a few miles from the hiking trail where his car was last seen, New Mexico State Police confirmed.
“The body was discovered off the immediate trail approximately 1.7 miles from the base of the trail. No further details are available at this time. Rescue workers are still gathering information.”
— New Mexico State Police Sgt. Liz Armijo
Scheib, 61, was last seen on June 13 heading to hike a trail in the Taos Ski Valley 10 miles outside of Taos, New Mexico.
State police and volunteers had been searching for Scheib since Wednesday, after a family member reported him missing and his car was discovered at the trailhead.
Cell phone data that showed Scheib’s last known location helped rescuers narrow their search – and eventually led them to his body Sunday evening.
“The body was discovered off the immediate trail approximately 1.7 miles from the base of the trail. No further details are available at this time. Rescue workers are still gathering information,” New Mexico State Police Sgt. Liz Armijo said in a statement.
Scheib, who authored a White House cooking memoir and appeared on the cooking show “Iron Chef America,” was hired by Hillary Clinton to work in the White House kitchen in 1994….(read more)
- Ex-White House chef’s body found in New Mexico (kfor.com)
- Ex-White House chef’s body found in New Mexico (wyff4.com)
- Searchers find body of missing ex-White House chef (KOB.com)
- Body of former White House chef found (politico.com)
- Former White House executive chef missing for more than a week after going hiking alone (fox6now.com)
- Search launched in mountains for missing ex-White House chef (seattletimes.com)
- Former WH chef missing for more than a week (wsbt.com)