CCC: Conceal Carry in Church: Charleston Shooting Prompts Gun-Rights Supporters to Call for More Concealed-Carry at ChurchesPosted: June 23, 2015
“At a time when religion is under attack and we have the government every day running God out of the public square, churches have become the targets of opportunity for deranged people. Particularly if they assume that folks are not armed.”
Murray had already shot and killed two people in the parking lot when he burst into the New Life Church in Colorado Springs. Before he could pull the trigger again, however, the 24-year-old shooter was gunned down by Jeanne Assam, a volunteer security guard with a concealed-carry permit.
That was eight years ago, but even though Ms. Assam was credited for saving as many as 100 lives that day, a dozen states continue to restrict the carrying of concealed firearms in churches — including South Carolina.
The Emanuel AME Church shooting that left nine dead Wednesday prompted not just a surge in calls from the left for tighter gun-control laws, but also pleas from the right for churches to protect themselves by allowing their parishioners to pack heat…(read more)
- Jeanne Assam (m.snopes.com)
- 2007: Armed churchgoing woman took out mass murderer who sought to “kill as many Christians as I can” (libertyfight.com)
- Charleston shooting prompts call for concealed-carry at churches (universalfreepress.com)
- Gun Rights Supporters Call for More Concealed-Carry in Church (teaparty.org)
- Churches should welcome heat-packing attendees (wnd.com)
- Obama Can’t Let Charleston’s Emanuel AME Church Murders Go To Waste (ammoland.com)