[VIDEO] White House ‘Wasn’t Forthcoming’ on Gruber’s Obamacare Role: Mark Halperin: ‘They were right. The Republicans were right’Posted: June 23, 2015
Emails show Jonathan Gruber, the economist who said Obamacare was written deceptively in order to pass the attention of stupid American voters, played a far wider role in the law’s instrumentation than the White House previously said.
Longtime political journalist and pundit Mark Halperin says he owes his Republican sources “an apology” after apparently doubting their claims that MIT economist Jonathan Gruber played a major role in crafting ObamaCare.
Halperin, Bloomberg Politics managing editor, addressed the controversy on MSNBC‘s “Morning Joe” on Monday, after a Wall Street Journal report first revealed emails showing Gruber playing a deeper role than previously thought.
“I owe all my Republican sources an apology because they kept telling me he was hugely involved, and the White House played it down,” Halperin said. “They were right. The Republicans were right.”
He said he does not think the White House has been “fully forthcoming” about Gruber’s role…(read more)
- Video: Morning Joe panel avoids the L-word when discussing Gruber (hotair.com)
- Mitt Romney: Hillary Clinton is a phony (cbsnews.com)
- Jonathan Gruber returns (conservativenewsandviews.com)
- Morning Joe Mocks White House for Not Being ‘Fully Forthcoming’ on Gruber’s Reportedly Large Role in Obamacare (freebeacon.com)
- MSNBC Panel Laughs About White House’s Gruber Lies (legalinsurrection.com)
- MSNBC’s Morning Joe Mocks Obama Regime For “Not Being Fully Forthcoming” On Gruber Role In Obamacare (weaselzippers.us)