Blowhard Theater: House Bill Would Force the Supreme Court to Enroll in ObamaCarePosted: June 25, 2015
Rep. Brian Babin (R-Texas) said that his SCOTUScare Act would make all nine justices and their employees join the national healthcare law’s exchanges.
“As the Supreme Court continues to ignore the letter of the law, it’s important that these six individuals understand the full impact of their decisions on the American people. That’s why I introduced the SCOTUScare Act to require the Supreme Court and all of its employees to sign up for ObamaCare.”
— Rep. Brian Babin
“As the Supreme Court continues to ignore the letter of the law, it’s important that these six individuals understand the full impact of their decisions on the American people,” he said.
“That’s why I introduced the SCOTUScare Act to require the Supreme Court and all of its employees to sign up for ObamaCare,” Babin said.
“They deserve an Olympic medal for the legal gymnastics.”
— Rep. Joe Pitts
Babin’s potential legislation would only let the federal government provide healthcare to the Supreme Court and its staff via ObamaCare exchanges.
“By eliminating their exemption from ObamaCare, they will see firsthand what the American people are forced to live with,” he added.
His move follows the Supreme Court’s ruling Thursday morning that upheld the subsidies under ObamaCare that are provided by the government to offset the cost of buying insurance.
The ruling in King v. Burwell has spurred anger on the right, with conservatives questioning the logic of the decision.
“They deserve an Olympic medal for the legal gymnastics,” Rep. Joe Pitts (R-Pa.), the chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee, told The Hill….
- BOOM: Justice Scalia Goes Nuclear, Reveals the REAL Reason John Roberts Saved Obamacare (conservativetribune.com)
- Who knows what (SCOTUS) is afraid of…but something is definitely frightening the Justices… (contemplativebeing.com)
- Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare Subsidies (drudge.com)
- If the term “the State” can be interpreted to mean “the Federal government,” the 10th Amendment now reserves all powers to the Federal Government (bluegrasspundit.com)
- Supreme Court Resigns Duties, Tortures English Language to Save Obamacare (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Scalia: ‘Words No Longer Have Meaning if an Exchange That is Not Established by a State is ‘Established by the State’ (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Obama’s Solicitor General Admits Religious Colleges Could Lose Tax-Exempt Status For Opposing Same-Sex Marriage (dailycaller.com)
- SCOTUS Rules 6–3 to Maintain Obamacare Subsidies (nationalreview.com)
- Tensions Build as Supreme Court Readies Blockbuster Rulings (punditfromanotherplanet.com)