Report: Only 47,000 Social Justice Milestones To Go Before U.S. Achieves Full EqualityPosted: June 26, 2015 | |
WASHINGTON—Following the Supreme Court’s landmark decision making same-sex marriage legal nationwide, sources confirmed Friday that only 47,000 social justice milestones need to be reached before the U.S. achieves full equality. “This is a watershed moment for civil rights that finally brings the dream of living in an equitable society one tiny fraction of a step closer to reality,” said civil rights lawyer Helene Najjar, adding that the country could now turn its attention to closing the income gap, ending racial discrimination in law enforcement, and providing equal educational opportunities for all children, among tens of thousands of other issues. “We have been striving for this victory for decades, and we will continue to fight for a more just society until we have reached all 47,000 human rights milestones that still need to be achieved….
- The Christian Response to a Confused Court (juicyecumenism.com)
- Jeb Bush on gay marriage: Couples making lifetime commitments to each other deserve respect (hotair.com)
- Mike Brown Sr. Calls on US to End to Racial Discrimination at UN Human Rights Body (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Russians: Ferguson Protests Threaten American Stability (dailycaller.com)
- Muslim Civil Rights Group To Represent Black Man Attacked While Legally Carrying Gun Into Wal-Mart (dailycaller.com)
- IRS Admits Leaking Personal Information In Prop 8 Debate (legalinsurrection.com)