Dissent Is Now The Highest Form Of BigotryPosted: June 27, 2015
“As a result of Friday’s ruling, PennLive/The Patriot-News will no longer accept, nor will it print, op-Eds and letters to the editor in opposition to same-sex marriage,” they declared.
After receiving strong pushback, the newspaper’s editorial board, which is overseen by Editorial Page Editor John Micek, quickly revised its policy. Freedom of speech will be allowed — but only for a “limited” period of time.
Micek explained on Twitter: “Clarification: We will not foreclose discussion of the high court’s decision, but arguments that gay marriage is wrong/unnatural are out.”….(read more)
- ‘OOPS’-ED DECISION Paper hit over bid to limit anti-gay marriage columns (foxnews.com)
- Pennsylvania Newspaper Won’t Publish Op-Eds Opposing Gay Marriage (dailysignal.com)
- Newspaper Editorial Page Bans Op-Eds Opposing Gay Marriage (teaparty.org)
- THE SILENCING: Paper Will Limit Anti-Gay Marriage Op-Eds (outcastradio.net)
- News Outlet Will Now Very Strictly Limit Op-Eds And Letters In Opposition To Same-Sex Marriage (patterico.com)
- Harrisburg Paper: We Will No Longer Print Op-Eds Or Letters To Editor In Opposition To Same-Sex Marriage (weaselzippers.us)
- Newspaper Editorial Page Bans Op-eds Opposing Same-sex Marriage (stream.org)