Poll: Obama Millennials Want to Leave the America They CreatedPosted: July 1, 2015 | |
Ben Shapiro writes: A new poll from TransferWise shows that 35 percent of those born in the United States would consider ditching their home country to live elsewhere; that number skyrockets among those aged 18-34, the so-called millennials, 55 percent of whom said they would think of taking off if given the chance.
“Most of those millennials cite economics as a chief factor in their desire to leave: 43 percent of men and 38 percent of women said they’d leave if they could get paid more in another country.”
The rationales for staying in America, articulated by Americans, are particularly weak: 59 percent say they would stay because “it is home,” another 58 percent say they would stay thanks to romantic and family ties – and then the stats drop precipitously, with just 22 percent stating they would stay for the democratic society, 17 percent for the culture, 10 percent for the good future for children, 5 percent for wealth, 3 percent for low crime, and 2 percent for low taxes.
All of which makes sense, given that America has been moving in the wrong direction with regard to preservation of democratic society, a common culture, a good future for children, wealth, low crime, or low taxes.
It is worthwhile noting that the same millennials who say they would leave the United States voted overwhelmingly for President Barack Obama in 2012…(read more)
- Ben Shapiro: The Right Caves on Social Issues, Then Loses (conservativeread.com)
- Hillary Clinton Blames Charleston Shooting On… Donald Trump! (Video) (americasfreedomfighters.com)
- Piers Morgan doesn’t believe in freedom of speech either (redalertpolitics.com)
- Left to Blame for Confederate Flag? (boomantribune.com)
- Poll: Obama Millennials Want to Leave the America They Created (teaparty.org)
- Piers Morgan calls for jail time for white N-word users, like S. Africa does for K-word (bizpacreview.com)