BREAKING: OPM Director Resigns over HackPosted: July 10, 2015 | |
“Archuleta made clear to the president that she believed it was best for her to step aside and allow new leadership that would enable the agency to move beyond the current challenges and allow the employees at OPM to continue their important work.”
Katherine Archuleta, director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), stepped down a day after she revealed that multiple breaches at her agency had exposed more than 22 million people’s sensitive information.
The chorus on Capitol Hill calling for her firing have been growing since shortly after the breach was first revealed in early June.
President Obama accepted her resignation Friday morning, according to a White House official. Her resignation is effective at the close of business….(read more)
– Jordan Fabian contributed. This story was updated at 12:40 p.m.
- U.S. personnel chief resists calls to resign after massive data hack (ctvnews.ca)
- Office of Personnel Management Director Katherine Archuleta to Face Senate Panel After Hacking; Will be Fighting to Keep her Job (blackchristiannews.com)
- Senator on OPM’s Archuleta: ‘I wouldn’t rely on her to clean up this mess’ (stripes.com)
- Timeline: Roughly 4 weeks pass before gov’t reveals hacking (dailymail.co.uk)
- Federal agency says hackers got data on 21.5 million people (ocregister.com)
- US raises cyber concerns with China (bbc.co.uk)