GOP War Chest Crushing Clinton CashPosted: July 15, 2015
Hillary Clinton, the dominant front-runner in the Democratic field, is facing a massive pile of money on the Republican side, with early numbers showing that the GOPers have outraised Clinton more than four times over.
So far, the 15 candidates vying for the Republican nomination have raked in more than $280 million to Clinton’s $69 million, through a mix of campaign fundraising, super PAC donations, and other money groups.
Yes, the field is lopsided, but that doesn’t diminish this fact: Hillary’s squaring off against a lot of Republican cash.
Federal Election Commission numbers are trickling in on Wednesday, the deadline for candidates to provide their official campaign figures. The numbers provide an initial snapshot of the cash dash, with 16 months still to go before Election Day….(read more)
- Soros helps pro-Clinton Super PACs to $20 million haul (politico.com)
- Pro-Rubio groups take in more than $30 million (wdsu.com)
- Review shows U.S. 2016 presidential race collected $377mln (panarmenian.net)
- Rubio Super PAC Raises $16 Million for Presidential Campaign (teaparty.org)
- Did Pro-Hillary SuperPAC Cross A Legal Line? (legalinsurrection.com)
- Bolton PACs Raise Big Money (nationalreview.com)
- Harry Reid’s Super PAC Attacks Scott Brown For The Same Vote Vulnerable Democrats Took (dailycaller.com)
- Carly’s PAC Dodges FEC Rules With Name Change (dailycaller.com)
- Citizens United President: Hillary’s Desire To Pack Courts To Overturn SCOTUS Is ‘Surreal’ (dailycaller.com)
- Koch Network and Soros Go Head-to-Head in Kansas (nationalreview.com)