Micro-Marketing? Marvel is Promoting ‘Ant-Man’ In The Teeniest, Tiniest Town In CanadaPosted: July 15, 2015
With tiny, little billboards, of course.
Daniel Roberts writes: Marvel’s big summer superhero blockbuster of the moment is “Ant-Man,” starring Paul Rudd, and the studio is working to get billboards for the movie placed in a Canadian town—of six residents.
“It’s a perfect match, in our minds. We’ve had this interesting campaign where we have these mini-sized billboards… It crossed our minds that wouldn’t it be fantastic to have the smallest billboard in Canada in the smallest town, which is Tilt Cove.”
— Disney marketing exec Greg Mason
As part of Marvel Canada’s marketing strategy for the film, it has placed more than 2,500 miniature billboards (a nod to the size of the character, who can shrink to an ant’s level) all over the country so far. They range in size, and the smallest of them is just one-foot tall.
— Marvel Canada (@MarvelEntCA) July 14, 2015
“It’s a perfect match, in our minds,” Disney marketing exec Greg Mason told CBC in an on-air interview. “We’ve had this interesting campaign where we have these mini-sized billboard…(read more)
- Filipina finally gets OK to bring deaf daughter to Canada (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Saskatchewan Roughriders No. 3 best Canadian sports brand: Insightrix (cbc.ca)
- Paul Rudd Honoured By Michael Douglas At Walk Of Fame Ceremony (contactmusic.com)
- Canada’s Sun News Network sets once and for all (legalinsurrection.com)
- Cameron Gray: Something Remarkable is Happening in Canada that will Change the Future of News Media (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Marvel Unveils ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Licensees (punditfromanotherplanet.com)