Chinese Web Censors Not Happy About Uniqlo’s Changing-Room Sex Viral VideoPosted: July 16, 2015
Uniqlo sex video: Police investigate smartphone footage showing couple doing the ‘secret communist handshake’ in Uniqlo’s Beijing flagship store changing room
Laura Lorenzetti reports: A sex tape filmed in a changing room of Uniqlo’s Beijing flagship store went viral on Chinese social media, sending national authorities into a tizzy.
“Uniqlo, which is owned by Fast Retailing, denies any such association, releasing a statement that customers should ‘abide by social ethics, maintain social justice and correctly and properly use the fitting spaces.’”
The short video, which features a black-clad male having sex with a naked woman, was condemned by Chinese officials as going “severely against socialist core values,” according to the South China Morning Post.
Internet censors scrambled to ban and eliminate the clip after it spread across popular social networks like Weibo and WeChat Tuesday. It has reportedly been removed from the Internet by the Cyberspace Administration of China and an investigation has been launched to find out who made the clip.
Chinese authorities have also ordered social media executives to help uncover the source of the video, while Uniqlo has come under fire for using it as a publicity ploy.
Uniqlo, which is owned by Fast Retailing, denies any such association, releasing a statement that customers should…(read more)
- China Arrested More Than a Hundred Human Rights Lawyers and Activists Over the Weekend (time.com)
- China’s top university changes graduation ceremony slogan, no longer shouting ‘revive A shares’ (scmp.com)
- China: Clothes come off in viral Uniqlo sex video (gantdaily.com)
- Uniqlo sex video: film shot in Beijing store goes viral and angers government (theguardian.com)
- China: Uniqlo sex video goes viral (edition.cnn.com)
- Clothes come off in viral Uniqlo sex video (kspr.com)
- Clothes come off in viral Uniqlo sex video (wyff4.com)
- Viral Uniqlo sex video angers China’s internet watchdogs (smh.com.au)
- Uniqlo sex video goes viral as Chinese authorities condemn clip as ‘against socialist values’ (independent.co.uk)