[PHOTO] The Scene as President Obama’s Motorcade Arrived at his Hotel in Oklahoma CityPosted: July 16, 2015 | |
The scene as President Obama’s motorcade arrived at his hotel in Oklahoma City tonight. Photo by @dougmillsnyt
The mainstream media has long attempted to paint supporters of the Confederate flag as white Southern racists who have a chip on their shoulder about losing the Civil War and miss the good ol’ days of owning slaves.
That was proven not to be the case when President Barack Obama’s motorcade rolled into Oklahoma City on Wednesday and was met with a large crowd of Confederate flag-waving supporters — many of whom were black.
But the media people were especially stunned when they learned that Andrew Duncomb, a black man who calls himself “the Black Rebel,” organized the rally himself in an attempt to celebrate his proud Southern heritage.
“We don’t believe it’s a symbol of racism,” Duncomb explained to a local reporter. “They’re blaming the racist problems on the flag and not on the real problems of America. Through the race lies the people who carry and harbor the hate inside.”
As Obama and his crew made their way to the hotel, trucks with Confederate flags mounted in the back, along with black and white people holding and proudly waving the flags, greeted the president and did their best to demonstrate that the flag doesn’t inspire violence or racism like many on the left would like Americans to believe.(read more)
Friday, July 17th, 2015
- Obama Greeted by Confederate Flag Wavers in Oklahoma (time.com)
- Obama makes historic presidential visit to federal prison (mashable.com)
- When President Obama arrived in Oklahoma City, protesters led by a black man had one message ‹ Reader – WordPress.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Confederate flag wavers greet President Obama in Oklahoma (kdvr.com)
- When President Obama arrived in Oklahoma City, protesters led by a black man had one message ‹ Reader – WordPress.com (madashelland.wordpress.com)