Body Count: Nearly 90 People Have Been Shot in Military ‘Gun Free Zones’ in the Last 6 YearsPosted: July 20, 2015 | |
From The LA Times:
…The attack is the third act of domestic terrorism carried out on U.S. military facilities since 2009. A fourth attack not considered an act of terrorism, in which 12 people were killed and three wounded at the Washington Navy Yard, occurred just two years ago.
In June 2009, Muslim convert Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad killed one soldier and wounded another at a recruiting center in Little Rock, Ark. In November of that year, Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan carried out an attack at Ft. Hood, Texas, that left 13 dead and 32 wounded.
Last year, another shooter at Ft. Hood killed three people and wounded 16.
These combined attacks at military facilities bring the casualty count to 33 dead and 55 wounded by gunfire since 2009.
…One of the easiest safeguards would be for the Obama administration to revise the gun rule that has made military targets such easy prey to armed attackers.
Every military recruit has had basic weapons training, and many officers and non-commissioned officers are trained and regularly qualify to use the military’s standard-issue handguns….(read more)
This dream of military members being able to protect themselves might become a reality very soon. Not only are many state governors finally acting on the subject, but US Representative Scott DesJarlais is primed to introduce a bill that would “repeal bans on military personnel carrying firearms on military recruitment facilities and bases.”
Guns, in the hands of good people who know how and when to use them, make everyone safer.
- We’ve Lost 34 Servicemen In Military “Gun Free Zones” On Obama’s Watch… So Far. (bearingarms.com)
- Seven Islamic Terrorist Attacks In USA In Seven Years for Obama Administration (mega949.com)
- Gun Control and Mass Shootings in the U.S. – The Atlantic (theatlantic.com)
- Garland, Texas: The Sixth Time Since 9/11 that Terrorists Have Slipped Through the Feds’ Grasp (nationalreview.com)
- Susan Rice: “The fact that we have not had a successful attack on our homeland since 9/11 should not be diminished” (jihadwatch.org)
- ‘Long Overdue’: Purple Hearts for Fort Hood, Little Rock Victims Rolled Into Defense Funding Bill (pjmedia.com)
- Obama Calls Ottawa Shooting a Terror Attack… But Fort Hood Was ‘Workplace Violence’ (thegatewaypundit.com)
- JUSTICE: Jury sentences Hasan to death for ’09 Fort Hood massacre. “Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiat… (pjmedia.com)