Iran Bitch-Slaps Kerry’s ‘Empty Threats’Posted: July 25, 2015
Tehran (AFP) – Iran hit out Friday against US Secretary of State John Kerry, accusing him of threatening military action against Tehran if it fails to respect a historic nuclear deal sealed on July 14.
“Unfortunately the US Secretary of State once again talked about the rotten rope of ‘the ability of the US for using military force’,” said Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in a statement.
Zarif decried what he called the “uselessness of such empty threats against the nation of Iran and the resistance of the nation of Iran”, and said such remarks should be consigned “to the last century”.
“Unfortunately the US Secretary of State once again talked about the rotten rope of ‘the ability of the US for using military force’.”
Despite the agreement reached with Iran on putting the nuclear bomb out of Tehran’s reach, several US officials, including Defence Secretary Ashton Carter, have signalled that military force remains on the table to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.
Kerry and other American officials “have repeatedly admitted that these threats have no effect on the will of the people of Iran and that it will change the situation to their disadvantage,” Zarif claimed….(read more)
- Iran Slams Kerry’s ‘Empty Threats’ (newsweekpakistan.com)
- Obama’s big gamble to stop Iran building nuclear bomb (thetimes.co.uk)
- Iran, major powers trumpet historic nuclear deal (spacewar.com)
- Nuclear deal doesn’t mean aligning with Iran: UK’s Cameron (dailymail.co.uk)
- Netanyahu to America: Iran Doesn’t Want ICBMs for Us, But to Strike You (pjmedia.com)