[VIDEO] Frequently-Wrong Meteorologist Arrested While Doing Weather Forecast, Columnist Paul Krugman Fears He’s NextPosted: July 25, 2015
Law enforcement is so fed up with the miserably cold, cloudy, and damp weather in Newfoundland, Canada that it has arrested two local broadcast meteorologists.
CBC News meteorologist Ryan Snoddon was the first to take the fall for the anomalous chill. You can watch his arrest – part of an apparent sting operation – below:
Next in the hopper was NTV meteorologist Eddie Sheerr, arrested while delivering the forecast on the evening news.
Both Snoddon and Sheer were charged with impersonating a meteorologist, failing to provide the essentials of summer – sunshine, good forecasts and blue skies – and trafficking of rain, drizzle, and fog.
Prior to their arrest, the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary had issued a statement to the media noting Snoddon and Sheerr were persons of interest given the following state of affairs:
SUMMER was last seen in early August of 2014. When last seen, SUMMER was described as being between 20-30 degrees Celsius (68-86 degrees Fahrenheit), blue skies with a bright and warm source of light in the sky. There have been sporadic sightings of this bright object, but these sightings have been rare since May 2015.
Sheerr – who is from the U.S. – faces possible deportation, the arresting officer said.
Of course, the arrests were just a humorous stunt – the Canadian’s way of coping with conditions that are egregious even by their own standards.
Newfoundland, Canada isn’t exactly the best place to be for consistently warm, summer sunshine. The average high temperature at St. John’s Airport in July is barely above 70 degrees (20 Celsius) and it gets more than its share of rain, drizzle, and fog – so common that locals simply refer to the trio as RDF.
But this July’s weather has been particularly awful….(read more)
Original source: ntv.ca
- What Paul Krugman Gets Wrong When He Claims Minimum Wage Hikes Don’t Cost Jobs (dailysignal.com)
- Krugman: ‘Loudmouth Racist’ Trump No Different from Rest of GOP, Just Less ‘Smooth’ (unreportedtoday.com)
- How To Escape Obamacare (txwclp.org)
- Krugman in 2011: The ‘VA Is a Huge Policy Success Story’ (nationalreview.com)
- Paul Krugman Exposes Amazon Plot to Ship Right-Wing Books Faster (nationalreview.com)
- Krugman on ‘Intellectual Integrity’ (nationalreview.com)
- Another Nobel Prize on the way? Paul Krugman to study income inequality from perspective of 1 percent (michellemalkin.com)
- CNN Asks If Obama Is ‘One Of The Best Presidents’ [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- ‘The First Rule of Economic Fight Club is…’ Stephen Moore, Paul Krugman Meet for ‘Economic Fight Club’ at Freedom Fest (punditfromanotherplanet.com)