U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon: The ‘Least Ambitious’ Bureaucrat Could Process Clinton’s Personal Emails FasterPosted: July 30, 2015 Filed under: Crime & Corruption, Law & Justice, Politics, White House | Tags: 2012 Benghazi attack, Benghazi, Cheryl Mills, Federal Records, Freedom of Information Act (United States), Freedom of information laws by country, Hillary Clinton, Huma Abedin, J. Christopher Stevens, Judicial Watch, Libya, September 11 attacks, The Daily Beast, United States Department of State 1 Comment
“Even the least ambitious bureaucrat could do this.”
David Francis writes: So far, the State Department, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, has released just a small sampling of 55,000 pages of email from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s home internet server. The timing of the releases have been less than ideal: The first batch was released on the afternoon of May 22, the Friday before the long Memorial Day weekend. The second came late in the evening, on June 30, less than an ideal time for reporters to dig in to find a story.
According to U.S. District Judge Richard Leon, the pace of the releases, just like their timing, is also less than ideal.
“Now, any person should be able to review that in one day — one day,” the judge said at a Wednesday hearing, while reviewing an Associated Press request for the release of just over 60 emails. “Even the least ambitious bureaucrat could do this.”
[Read the full text here, at ForeignPolicy.com, and more at the New York Daily News]
[Noah Rothman on the Media’s Favorite Framing Device: ‘Republican Reaction’ Stories]
And the fact that top Clinton deputies like Huma Abedin, Jake Sullivan, and Cheryl Mills haven’t turned over all their work-related emails — something revealed at the court hearing — is likely to add fuel to the Republican fire…(read more)
- Why Is There a Two-Month Gap in Clinton’s Emails? (politicalwire.com)
- Suspicious 2-Month Gap in Over 2,000 E-mails Released by Hillary Clinton (blackchristiannews.com)
- Judicial Watch: Smoking Gun in Hillary Clinton Benghazi Email (teaparty.org)
- Smoking Gun in Hillary Clinton Benghazi Email (conservativeread.com)
- THE PANTSUIT REPORT: Hillary Clinton’s Mysterious Hide-and-Seek Emails (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Hillary’s ‘Cares About People Like You’ Problem (wsj.com)
- THE PANTSUIT REPORT: Hillary Can’t Type (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Real shocker! Hillary Clinton edited emails that were turned over to the State Dept; Updated (michellemalkin.com)
- Clinton’s Benghazi emails confirm her lack of post-intervention plan for Libya (powerlineblog.com)
Reblogged this on Brittius.