Inspector General Probe Tags Huma: Clinton Aide May Have ‘Delivered Favors’ for FriendsPosted: August 3, 2015
Senate Judiciary Committee Chair Chuck Grassley called into question a $33,000 payment Abedin received from the State Department for leave she hadn’t used.
Sarah Westwood reports: An investigation may have found evidence a top State Department aide to Hillary Clinton took advantage of government employment rules with potential conflicts of interest and overpayments.
“As an example of the potential conflicts of interest at play, Grassley cited an email exchange in which Band pressed Abedin to encourage her State Department boss, Hillary Clinton, to facilitate a White House appointment for one of his clients.”
In a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry Thursday, Sen. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said an inspector general probe suggested Huma Abedin leveraged her State Department job to benefit her two other employers at the time: the Clinton Foundation and a consulting firm called Teneo Strategies.
Teneo Strategies was founded by a longtime aide to Bill Clinton, Douglas Band, and boasted the former president as a paid board member when it first launched in 2011.
Abedin allegedly sent or received more than 7,000 emails on her government account that involved Band, the letter said.
As an example of the potential conflicts of interest at play, Grassley cited an email exchange in which Band pressed Abedin to encourage her State Department boss, Hillary Clinton, to facilitate a White House appointment for one of his clients.
Judith Rodin, the Teneo client in question, was then president of the Rockefeller Foundation, “which donated hundreds of millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation, a fact which Mr. Band allegedly noted in his email to Ms. Abedin,” the letter said.
“[E]mail evidence allegedly suggests that Ms. Abedin and Ms. Mills shared a desire to find a way to ensure the Department paid for Ms. Abedin’s travel to and from New York,” the letter continued.
Grassley called into question a $33,000 payment Abedin received from the State Department for leave she hadn’t used.
The Iowa Republican highlighted multiple allegations received by the Judiciary Committee that indicated Abedin had indeed taken leave during her time as a government employee, casting doubt on whether Abedin should have received $33,000 in taxpayer money….(read more)
- Obama Administration Teams Up With Controversial Progressive Group To Form New Americorps Division (progressivestoday.com)
- Huma Abedin Accused of Taking $10K in Overpayments from Hillary Clinton’s State Department (freebeacon.com)
- Hillary aide Huma facing ‘criminal’ conduct investigation; BUSTED by using Clinton’s secret email (bizpacreview.com)
- Hillary’s Sidekick And Muslim Brotherhood Aid Huma Abedin Investigated For “Fraud” Including “Theft Of Public Money” (Read Official Letters) (shoebat.com)
- Hillary’s Muslim Brotherhood Aide Investigated for “Fraud” Including “Theft of Public Money” (freedomoutpost.com)
- Muslim Brotherhood Insider, Hillary Clinton Aide Huma Abedin Not Releasing Her State Dept Emails Either (universalfreepress.com)