THE PANTSUIT REPORT: Judge Orders Clinton, Aides Not to Delete EmailsPosted: August 10, 2015
Judge Emmet Sullivan of the U.S. District Court also demanded Clinton, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin provide assurances by Wednesday that they would not delete any federal records in their possession.
Sarah Westwood reports: A federal judge ordered Hillary Clinton and two of her top aides not to delete any potentially work-related emails after Clinton’s former chief of staff vowed to discard all electronic copies of her records by Monday.
“The destruction of federal documents in the face of a court order is par for the course for a Clinton-related scandal….If not for the swift action of Judicial Watch’s legal team and an alert federal judge, there is no telling what important public information would have been lost forever.”
— Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch
The order came Friday evening in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch seeking documentation of a controversial employment status bestowed on Abedin, Clinton’s deputy chief of staff, that allowed her to work simultaneously for the State Department, the Clinton Foundation and a consulting firm called Teneo Strategies.
After Sullivan asked Clinton, Mills and Abedin to certify under penalty of perjury that they had each submitted all work-related emails, only Clinton reportedly responded.
Mills and Abedin seemingly ignored requests that they had handed over all their emails as each continued to prepare emails for the State Department.
- Judge Sullivan is not amused (2) (powerlineblog.com)
- Judge Orders Hillary And Two Aides To Attest That They Have Turned Over All Official Government Records (weaselzippers.us)
- Hillary Clinton Says She Has Turned Over Work-Related Emails To State (jezebel.com)
- Top aide imperils Hillary White House bid (mobile.wnd.com)
- Hillaryland Scrambles to Delete Damaging E-mails (lightfromtheright.com)
- Hillary’s Muslim Brotherhood Aide Investigated for “Fraud” Including “Theft of Public Money” (dcclothesline.com)