Former High School Teacher Michelle Yeh Accused of Having Sex with Underage Students, Taking One to DisneylandPosted: August 11, 2015
Yeh was charged with four counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor under 16, two counts of oral copulation of a minor under 16, and two counts of lewd act on a child 15 years of age.
LOS ANGELES — A former San Pedro High School substitute teacher was charged Tuesday with sex crimes involving multiple underage male students, one of whom she allegedly took to Disneyland, KTLA reported.
The news station said Michelle Yeh, 28, was set to be arraigned Wednesday in Long Beach, Calif., on multiple felony and misdemeanor charges.
Police said last month that she was a science teacher who had “arranged private meetings” with her students at the end of the school year.
She bought gifts for students while pursuing relationships with them, taking one alleged victim to Disneyland and meeting another at a hotel, the DA’s office said.
In connection with two male victims, Yeh was charged with four counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor under 16, two counts of oral copulation of a minor under 16, and two counts of lewd act on a child 15 years of age, the DA’s office said.Three misdemeanor counts of child molesting or sexual annoyance were filed against Yeh in connection with two other male victims.
Yeh was arrested July 17 after one alleged victim said he had been sexually abused by her multiple times…(read more)
- California Bars ‘Consent Defense’ in Child Sexual Abuse Cases (fox40.com)
- Los Angeles Times Comes Out Against “Teacher Jail” (dianeravitch.net)
- L.A. Unified’s ‘teacher jail’ policy ends up punishing students (latimes.com)
- New California Law Bars Consent Defense In Child Sexual Abuse Cases (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Former Teacher Accused of Sex With Students Took an Alleged Victim to Disneyland: DA (ktla.com)
- California bars consent defense in child sexual abuse cases (ocregister.com)