[VIDEO] Massive Explosion in Tianjin, ChinaPosted: August 12, 2015 Filed under: Breaking News, China | Tags: Beijing, CCTV, China, Explosion, Mandarin Chinese, Mushroom cloud, State media, Tianjin, Xinhua News Agency 1 Comment
TIANJIN — A massive explosion late Wednesday shook the northern Chinese city of Tianjin, startling nearby residents with tremors and noise, but it was not known immediately if there were any casualties, according to state media.
The explosion in Tianjin erupted at a container port where flammable material was being stored in containers, reported CCTV, China’s state-owned broadcaster.
#Tianjin: Hospital has received 300-400 injuries. 2 fire fighter lost contact, 6 injured. 38 fire engines on scene. pic.twitter.com/ZN11gpdra3
— People's Daily,China (@PDChina) August 12, 2015
The Chinese broadcaster said it was unable to confirm the number of those injured or whether any people had been killed.
Firefighters were dispatched immediately, according to the Tianjin Public Security Bureau. According to preliminary analysis, the explosion was caused by a shipping container, the Bureau said.
A video uploaded to YouTube shows a massive fireball before several explosions….(read more)
- Massive Explosion Rocks Chinese City, Reports of Injuries (wnep.com)
- Shipping container explosion rocks northern Chinese city of Tianjin (khon2.com)
- Giant explosions in northern China reportedly rock port city of Tianjin (cbc.ca)
- Massive explosion in China’s Tianjin (bbc.co.uk)
- Enormous explosion in Tianjin, China. (politics.ie)
Reblogged this on Brittius.